
This was my view most of the time. (He's the kid on the stage by the teachers.)

Okay so this one is awesome. My 5th grader is the red arrow. Please notice the wide array of clothes worn by the kids. The green arrow is a girl in a spaghetti strap, glittery dress. Next to her (the blue arrow) is a girl in athletic pants and a t-shirt.

I pretty much hated being there until I saw his reaction when he saw that I came. Then I realized why moms do this stuff. Cuz it makes a difference to their kids. I made a difference. That made my day.
When I asked his mom how they chose his outfit (white shirt with blue shirt not buttoned up) she said he wanted to look like a teenager. Alright, a teenager - maybe one from high school musical? (I think Chad did that a few times in HSM, in case you're wondering.)

I teased him about not smiling. He was like, "that IS a smile."
Seriously, fifth grade graduation is NOT my favorite but this fifth grader IS my favorite.
At work today, I had a Craft Hobby Group committee meeting. Wow, something else I've really missed. Our next craft is going to be learning how to make bows (which I will most likely make for someone else' s kids).

I call this my Pebbles look.

Is it just me or do I smile like this in all my self-taken close-ups? (Seriously, compare the photos on this post. You'll see what I mean.)
Which brings me to after work when I went to my nieces dance recital.
First off, her dance teacher is the same teacher Joni and I took from at the rec center 2 years ago. In fact the dance the 7 year olds did was the EXACT same as the one she taught us. Explains a lot Joni, doesn't it?

My niece is the closest to us. She was so cute, she kept looking at herself dancing in the mirror.
It was kinda a long recital for little kids dancing but each of the 3 classes had 2 dance numbers. It was pretty cute - once you get over the full song for each dance (Seriously, you had to choreograph the ENTIRE Party in the USA Miley Cyrus song? No wonder you repeat the step 50 times!) It was really fun being there with and for my niece.
Tomorrow I've been invited to one of my young women's high school graduations and then to my friend's daughter's 'Yo Gabba Gabba' birthday party (where I am to show up with a Dancey Dance).
I think that will about do it for my "mom-ish" weekend. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Sunday brings.



1 comment:
What kind of work do you do that allows you to do those types of things? I am always wondering if its actually a job you are talking about or a play group. It sounds like a fun place to work. Glad to see you are out and about:)
Post a Comment